Thursday 15 November 2012

Cute factor

Last night we attended our son's first ever school parents evening.

We got to look at his work books. It was so lovely to see how hard he has been trying in class.

His teacher is very happy with how he has settled in and how he is progressing. She did however tell us that the little man is not tucking into his school dinners with the gusto of boy his size.

This being said we decided to give him a Spider-Man lunch box (that had been put aside for a Christmas present) as a reward for such a good report.

As soon as he saw it he asked if he could take sandwiches to school the next day.
I was planning on him trying a packed lunch next week but the subject was not going to be dropped and I gave in and agreed.

I have never seen anyone get so excited over something so seemingly normal to us old boring people.

He was ready for school half an hour earlier than usual despite me telling him that dinner time was at the same time no matter when he arrived.

On the walk to school he carried the lunch box in numerous positions- swapping hands, tucking it under his arm.

He asked me several times if I would like to feel how heavy it was.
He then decided he would rest the lunch box on top of his brothers buggy and admire it from afar.

He showed it off to his best friend like it was the most special thing to him in the world.

The cutest moment came when the lunch box fell on the floor from the buggy (gasp I hear you say!).

He picked up the lunch box. Blew off some non-existent dust and then gave it a shine with his hand.

Such innocence. His pride was so obvious.

I wanted to scoop him up (in a fashion, I'm sure he is about six foot eight already!) and give him a big kiss but he has his reputation to think of these days so I refrained.


Tonight is his first school disco.
I will probably cry.






No comments:

Post a Comment